Sunday, January 31, 2010

Searching for something more in life

Josh McDowell said, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." When I first read this I knew I didn't want this quote to reflect the story of my life. I didn't want to live a mediocre life, or get stuck in a rut that could last a lifetime. I know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know that many girls dream big dreams for their life. And I also know that many girls get stuck at just this point exactly. We become overshadowed by our past mistakes that we can no longer even see our dreams coming true anymore. We think that we have ruined any shot of happiness that we had. We are consumed with a fog all around us that we can't see out of. As each day goes by we lose more and more hope for our future. We think to ourselves, "What has happened?" or "How will I ever move forward in life?" We tend to think this is all there is for us. We are absolutely wrong. This is not the life Christ has desired for us. Each one of us has destiny. Something God has planned for us from the very start of our life. Feelings of hopelessness only come from the devil, who does not want us to complete our destiny. The devil attacks are mind first, telling us we are no good and that we have messed up to much to be someone great. Ladies we do not need to feel hopeless. Deuteronomy 31:8 says, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

I feel that a lot of us girls are struggling with feelings of hopelessness. The next couple of blogs will deal with specific steps on how to over come this negative lifestyle. If you have specific issues that you would like me to address just write me a message in my inbox on facebook and I'll make sure to cover those things in the next blog.

1 comment:

  1. ok, how did you get the playlist on your blog? do share!!

    ReplyDelete